: Dec 02, 2017

Visited Brighter Horizons Academy on Thursday and Islamic School of Irving this morning. I know we’re often down on the youth, but some of the questions I got t…

168 VIEWS
Featured, General : 0 Comments

Visited Brighter Horizons Academy on Thursday and Islamic School of Irving this morning. I know we’re often down on the youth, but some of the questions I got today were so inspiring. They weren’t all about halal and haram. There were a ton of questions about how to deepen your spirituality, how to focus in prayer, how to influence others rather than be influenced, etc. There is plenty of hope!

This morning and as part of the high school students Life Skills Seminar, we were blessed and honored to have our beloved Sheikh Omar Suleiman as our guest speaker.
He presented to the students the topic of Social Networking and Online Integrity.
He talked about the different aspects that come with social networking , and how much we are in need to disconnect from social media every now and then in order to enjoy our prayers and our duties as Muslims. He emphasized that we as Muslims should not make our religion about people and pleasing them, but rather about Allah (SWT) and pleasing him.
He also gave the students the chance to ask him questions during a short Q & A session.

Masha’Allah, it was truly an inspirational presentation.

May Allah (SWT) reward and bless Sheikh Omar and all our guest speakers, and keep their drive strong to continue to lead our youth to the right path.

Comments

comments

Add a Comment